20mins l £20
Before Your Tan
To get a gorgeous professional tan there are a few things you can do to help your therapist achieve a beautiful even glow and keep your colour for longer:
• Shave at least 24 hours before your treatment or 48 hours if waxing. This time allows pores to close properly and stop tell-tale dotting that can appear after your tan application.
• Once hair free, use a Polishing Body Scrub to gently buff away dry skin. Removing dead skin cells and revealing radiant new skin will make your tan last longer.
• Apply Moisturiser to skin the night before your tan, this will replace any moisture lost from removing hair and exfoliation and keep skin super smooth. Remember to pay particular attention to stubborn dry areas such as hands, elbows, knees and ankles.
• Paint nails and toenails (especially if artificial) to prevent any discolouration from the tanning product.
• On the day of your tan application rinse off any products, oils, moisturisers and make-up and avoid using deodorant or perfume until after your tan.
After Your Tan
If you’ve chosen a professional tan then surely you want it to last as long as possible! Our simple steps will ensure that you get the best results from your professional tan:
• Plan ahead before your appointment by wearing loose, dark clothing and flip-flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothes and underwear can leave marks and ruin your tan.
• Do not exercise or swim during the development time.
• If you’re not showering until the morning then wear loose gloves or socks in bed to prevent hands accidently touching your body during your sleep and leaving hand marks on your beautiful tan.
• Do not shower or bathe for the development period (at least 8 hours) after your tan.
• Use a light body wash, it’s so mild and gentle that it won’t strip your colour and is kind enough to use on your face.
• Pat dry after showering.
• A sunless tan can begin to fade over time as the skin’s natural cells begin to flake off and regenerate. Moisturising daily using will not only counteract this but the luxurious golden flecks and will also help extend your golden glow.